Vissla social compliance policy requires all vendors and suppliers of product to comply with at least the following requirements:
- Child Labor: No use or support of child labor.
- Forced and Compulsory Labor: No use or support for forced or compulsory labor; no required 'deposits' - financial or otherwise; no withholding salary, benefits, property or documents to force personnel to continue work; personnel right to leave premises after workday; personnel free to terminate their employment; and no use nor support for human trafficking.
- Health and Safety: Provide a safe and healthy workplace; prevent potential occupational accidents; provide personal protection equipment and medical attention in event of work-related injury; hygiene- toilet, potable water, sanitary food storage; and worker right to remove from imminent danger.
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining: Respect the right to form and join trade unions and bargain collectively. All personnel are free to: organize trade unions of their choice; and bargain collectively with their employer.
- Discrimination: No discrimination based on race, national or social origin, caste, birth, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, political opinions and age. No discrimination in hiring, remuneration, access to training, promotion, termination, and retirement. No interference with exercise of personnel tenets or practices; prohibition of threatening, abusive, exploitative, coercive behavior at workplace or company facilities; no pregnancy or virginity tests under any circumstances.
- Disciplinary Practices: Treat all personnel with dignity and respect; zero tolerance of corporal punishment, mental or physical abuse of personnel; no harsh or inhumane treatment. Working Hours: Compliance with laws & industry standards.
- Remuneration: Respect right of personnel to living wage; all workers paid at least legal minimum wage.